In this update, we willl cover the StarCraft 2 news bits and updates from the last 2 weeks, during which a few small pieces of information popped up around the world. The most important announcement comes to us from Russia’s massive gaming convention, IgroMir (GameWorld in English).
For this event, Blizzard has effectively produced a Blizzcon parallel in Russia. StarCraft 2 was playable for two whole days and fans got a chance to talk with Blizzard’s representatives, who were also present. No new information was revealed, but Chris Sigaty, StarCraft 2’s Lead Producer, has unequivocally confirmed that the StarCraft 2 beta will be released in 2010, and not during November of this year as previously promised.
To the same effect, Blizzard’s President, Mike Morhaim, gave a talk to BlizzaVision’s investors, stating that the game is set to be released towards the end of the second quarter of 2010. This is in line with the statements regarding the length of the beta – 4-6 months – and lends more credit to Sigaty’s statement. Of course, this doesn’t mean that the dates won’t be pushed back yet again, even though Morhaime said that the bulk of the work on the game has been completed, with the project still progressing according to the established timeline.
Blizzard has reinstalled the Vespene Laughs competition, allowing artists to submit StarCraft-themed comics and win some much coveted beta keys. The competition was likely scheduled to end close to the original planned date of the beta, but is now being extended in conjunction with the recent delays.
Lastly, Cydra has been kind enough to answer a series of Sensor Tower related questions on the official StarCraft 2 General Discussion Forum.
1. Is the proper name Radar Tower or Sensor Tower?
2. What model is being used: Radar Tower, Sensor Tower, or a completely new one?
Sensor Tower has a passive Radar ability which expose enemy movements within its radar capacity.
3. What are the stats? (mineral cost, gas cost, build time, HP, armor)
It costs 125 mineral and 100 geyser gas and it takes 25 build time. Sensor Tower has 200 hp and 0 default armor. You can upgrade the armor of buildings by 2 at Engineering Bay.
5. Do cloaked and burrowed units appear as blips within the radar’s range?
No. Cloaked and burrowed units don’t appear.
7. Does the Tower have any other special abilities besides its radar function?
8. Is the Tower salvageable?
Yes. you can salvage it for 100% fund.
- » BlizzCon 2010 Summary - Art, Gameplay and Pictures
- » Patch 1.1.2: Roaches Get Their Groove Back, Void Ray Nerfed
- » StarCraft 2's First Major Patch: Highlights and Analysis
- » Join the Dominion Campaign Recap: Posters and Videos
9 Comments to “Updates: Beta Scheduled for 2010, Sensor Tower Clarified”
Write a comment
Battle Report 4: David Kim’s Terrible Terrible Damage »
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
All the Rest © SC2 blog 2007-2010