Blizzard has announced the details of the 2008 Worldwide Invitational event. This year, it will take place at the Porte de Versailles Exposition Center, Paris, France, over the 28th and 29th of June.
What is the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational?
The 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational is a two-day event bringing together the company and gamers in a convention atmosphere, featuring Q&A panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers and hands-on opportunities with the company’s latest games. The Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational also showcases the skills of top eSports gamers from around the world as they compete in invitational StarCraft, Warcraft III and World of Warcraft Arena tournaments.
StarCraft 2 was announced in last year’s Worldwide Invitational in S. Korea – where the Protoss race was introduced. A few months later, during BlizzCon, Blizzard introduced the Terran race. Blizzard obviously likes using these mega-events to make big announcements and to exhibit their games, so we can definitely expect either a showcasing of the Zerg or the announcement of a beta.
Now that we know what we’re really looking forward to, lets see what else Blizzard has to offer:
- Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
- Artist and developer signings
- Professional eSport tournaments and casual tournaments for attendees
- Hands-on play with World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King and StarCraft II
- Merchandise and other products based on the Blizzard Entertainment game universes
- Silent auction
- Musical performances
- And more…
Tickets to the event will be sold on the official event website starting a few weeks from now.Google+
- » Patch 1.1.3 - New Battle.net Filters and Thor AI
- » StarCraft 2 Name Change and StarCraft Race Video Overview
- » BlizzCon 2010 Summary - Art, Gameplay and Pictures
- » StarCraft Win Rate Analysis; Future Patch Hints
6 Comments to “Blizzard Worldwide Invitational 2008 Announced”
Write a comment
Q&A 29: Bunker Evolved, Nomad Mines, StarCraft 2′s Fair AI »
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
All the Rest © SC2 blog 2007-2010