The SC2 Blog has come a long way since its inception in early July 2007. In just six months, we have published over a hundred articles and updates – many of which were translated to Russian, Korean, Chinese, and other languages. Our updates and feeds are used on gaming sites, blogs and Wikis, and the SC2 Blog enjoys thousands of returning visitors and feed readers.
StarCraft 2 is coming – the Zerg, the closed and open betas, the game’s gold release and its collectors edition are just around the corner. The inevitable tournaments, battle reports and replays, custom maps, fan fiction stories and other art – millions of gamers will generate more news than our small but dedicated team could ever cover.
This is why we need YOU. We are looking for people who like to write, cover, analyze, and share their expertise with fellow gamers. Community and clan leaders, professional gamers, modders and replayers, fans of the StarCraft books – if you feel the need for a bigger stage and a larger audience and you are eager to be heard – we need YOU.
Currently, there are four key positions that we would like to fill:
1) Progaming tournaments and League coverage – if you play StarCraft, WarCraft 3 or Vikings professionally and plan on switching to StarCraft 2 as soon as it comes out, we’d like to hear from you.
2) ScumEdit and Modding – if you are proficient with StarEdit and enjoy releasing original maps for WarCraft 3, you will have the opportunity to release your StarCraft 2 maps to thousands of fans. People working with DoTA, Tower Defense and other popular custom games are more than welcome.
3) Replays, Videos and Battle Reports – Proficient in creating high-quality battle reports? Know about every live tournament video and good at spotting A+ quality replays? We’ll gladly have you on-board.
4) Lore expert – Have you read all the books? Know Kerrigan‘s maiden name and Raynor’s shoe size? Well, most people don’t, and sometimes Blizzard themselves get lost in their own complex universes. Covering lore-related stories, fan-art and books requires quite a lot of knowledge and a deep understanding of the StarCraft Universe – not the easiest position.
Here is a brief FAQ. We will also answer questions via email and comments.
Q) How do I apply?
A) Email: anderson AT terranozergus.com – tell me as much as you can about yourself and don’t forget to send links, attachments and other relevant examples of your work.
Q) I already have a site/blog/online presence – what’s in it for me?
A) You’ll get proper credit and exposure for your site, as a writer or as a source – particularly if you specialize in fan fiction, replays or custom maps.
Q) I want to apply for a position which is not listed in your post – what do I do?
A) You are more than welcome to either email me or leave a detailed comment – there are plenty of ways a talented person can contribute.
- » Patch 1.1.3 - New Battle.net Filters and Thor AI
- » StarCraft 2 Name Change and StarCraft Race Video Overview
- » BlizzCon 2010 Summary - Art, Gameplay and Pictures
- » Patch 1.1.2: Roaches Get Their Groove Back, Void Ray Nerfed
3 Comments to “SC2 Blog – A Call to Arms”
Write a comment
Zerg Attack Follow Up: Karune Responds »
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
All the Rest © SC2 blog 2007-2010